make reinstall does not work

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 10 22:42:21 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 at 20:32:38 +0100, Walter Schwarzenfeld wrote:
> Look at the link in Shawn Webb's post:
>
> bapt (Baptisse Daroussin) wrote
>
>       *bapt <https://github.com/bapt> * replied Nov 16, 2017
>       <https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/commit/7991c49665419916210ad589d4a85fd2a7f58b37#commitcomment-25649084>

You should have quoted that in your reply.  And are we really now
using github as the primary repository?

> because it should have always been like that, the real
> reinstallation was make deinstall reinstall, the fact one needs not
> to run deinstall first was a bug introduced very very long ago

This doesn't make much sense to me.  If I do a make deinstall, the
package is gone.  Then all I need is a make install, and that does,
indeed, work.  make reinstall by itself also used to work.  I'll go
with the others and assume that this was a transient bug.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.