Working on FLAVOR support in portmaster

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Sat Dec 9 09:25:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:18:28 +0100
Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 02:13:09PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> (from Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:54:27
> > +0100):

> > > They just need to ask git admins to get access, I have already asked
> > > Stefan (not
> > > reply yet)
> > >
> > > They can also ask me directly if they want given I am part of the git admins
> >
> > And I see that I'm already part of the FreeBSD organisation on github, so I
> > should have access. So... currently portmaster is wild-wild-west territory?
> > No real owner, anyone willing to fix/improve is free to do so, and it's up
> > to each individual to wear his fireproof-suite (after flavours is settled I
> > would be interested to have a look at the local packages installation pull
> > request)?
> >

> The official maintainer is tz@ for now, he just handed the maintainership to se@
>
> As for push access for now, only git-admin (which I am part of) and bdrewery
> (who use to maintain portmaster) have access. I'll be glad to give push acces to
> more people.
>
> For now I have pushed patches from Stefan in the repo (not the flavor support
> but the preliminary to it)
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Would it be possible to have some page to track/show the changes/progress to the code? For some times, we had a lot of "i'm working on it but behind closed doors".

For that kind of tools, it would be nice to see the process of upgrading portmaster (or any other tool for that matter) and get a bit more familiar with the code.

Even a wip branch would be great to involve more people, and that way, people would be a bit less in the dark, but that is just my 2 cents...

Have a nice day,

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>