Synth and circular dependencies

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Thu Aug 31 06:00:19 UTC 2017

Now I've been busy, selecting port options to include in
/usr/local/etc/synth/LiveSystem-make.conf

but when I run "synth status gnumeric", I get

Configuration invalid: [D] Port options directory: /var/db/ports

so without a directory like /var/db/ports showing options derived from the ports dialog, synth seems not to work.

Is there any dialog-free way to use synth?

Synth has been ported to pkgsrc where there is no dialog, so maybe there is a way?

Or maybe synth does not run with pkgsrc?  Synth seems to be falling into desuetude there.

Tom