qemu-aarch64-static

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Aug 22 18:10:00 UTC 2017

On 08/22/17 18:03, Luca Pizzamiglio wrote:
> yes, the qemu emulation of other architecture means that the CPU is
> emulated by software, that's really expensive.
> You should consider around 10x slower or even more. ccache can help a
> lot in this case.

Thanks.
So you are confirming my poudriere is running an ARM compiler to produce
ARM code?

What's the use of "-x" when creating a jail then?
What role does the "native cross-toolchain" play?
I understood that would mean running an AMD64 compiler to cross-build
ARM code... and thought that its timings would be comparable to native
building.
Is that wrong?

  bye & Thanks
	av.