Is pkg quarterly really needed?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Apr 20 05:22:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 04:37:05PM -0400, scratch65535 at att.net wrote:
> (Right now, it's quite hard to resist the paranoid suspicion that
> maybe this crazy, anti-real-user behavior is a subtle way to kill
> freebsd altogether by driving away the non-hobbyists.)

That's one explanation.

The other, possible, explanation, is that the efforts of a group of
volunteers isn't adequate enough for every use case -- including your own.

But, of course, feel free to cast aspersions wherever and whenever.  We're
just machines, we have no feelings whatsoever.

Now if no one minds, I'm going to go back to contemplate the existential
question of "why do I even bother trying to fix things".

mcl