Any hope of compiling firefox port on ARM?

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Tue Apr 18 22:17:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:43:23PM +0200, Jan Beich wrote:

> See bug 211069 which was duped against bug 203989 that triggered a
> different assertion. The above error did show up on armv6 buildbot[1]
> but nowadays is blocked by other ports.

What is meant by the term "blocked by other ports"? The error still
comes up with firefox and -current as of yesterday.

Long ago I brought the issue up on the freebsd-arm list and was told,
iiuc, that it's an upstream problem in clang/llvm and not  fixable by
the freebsd-arm community. My present query was more an effort to find
out if there is any prospect for a short-term workaround. Far as I can
tell there isn't even a cross-compiled firefox package for RPI2

Thanks for replying!

bob prohaska