FreeBSD Port: graphics/opencv -- Fails to compile

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 18 12:08:04 UTC 2017

Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Peter Smith <p.smith at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>> # uname -a
>> > FreeBSD red 11.0-RELEASE-p8 FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p8 #0: Wed Feb 22
>> > 06:12:04 UTC 2017     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
[...]
>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for opencv-core-2.4.13.1_1
>> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to
>> ./apps/traincascade/imagestorage.h.rej
>> => FreeBSD patch patch-apps__traincascade__imagestorage.h failed to apply cleanly.
>> *** Error code 1
[...]
> Somehow you seem to have an old patch file sitting in the ports tree.
> patch-apps__traincascade__imagestorage.h no longer exists in the port.
>
> Do you SVN your ports tree? If so, you can confirm the issue with "svn
> status /usr/ports/graphics/opencv". Asssuming it is marked as unknown (?),
> I suggest that you "rm /usr/ports/graphics/opencv/files/*" and then "svn up
> /usr/ports/graphics/opencv". (Note: opencv-core is a slave port of opencv
> and all patches are in the opencv directory.) Then it should patch
> correctly.
>
> If you don't use svn to update your ports tree, I'm a bit baffled as
> portsnap should remove unknown files.

Bug 218673 has more details. Maybe portsnap runs aren't atomic leaving
no way to recover after an unsafe abort such as Ctrl+C or reboot other
than by re-creating the tree or via backup.