FreeBSD Port: lzmalib-0.0.1_1

Microsoft Roaming ms-roaming-data at outlook.com
Tue Apr 4 12:44:30 UTC 2017

Hello All,

There is no  build issue with this port but when installed it causes a real mess in all the port system
This is breaking build process in a very  lot of ports like libarchive, kde4-runtime… and many others.

This port creates a lot of bad « side effects » as tracking the source of error is not allways easy. Error reported is not allways directly linked to lzma compression. For example, it took me some months  to understand that KDE4-RUNTIME build failure related to this port….

I began to understand when libarchive port was updated and refused to build.

I have tried to rebuild libarchive with no lz4, lzo2 options, deleting theses packages and also deleting lzma installed on my system … when lzmalib is installed compilation failed, and succeeds as soon as lzmalib is removed.

Causing a major side effects on a lot of ports, I think this port should be marked as temporarily broken until conflicts are solved, or eventually removed.

Regards,
David

Provenance : Courrier<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> pour Windows 10