BLAS/LAPACK options in ports

Fernando Herrero Carrón elferdo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 21:47:15 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

There are many scientific packages in ports with depend on libraries
providing BLAS/LAPACK functionality. There are several implementations
available, which mainly exploit multicore CPUs, and the ports
infrastructure helps ports handle these dependencies.

I would like to suggest a couple of improvements:

* Mk/Uses/blaslapack.mk currently offers support for: atlas, gotoblas,
netlib and openblas. Mk/bsd.options.desc.mk offers descriptions for all
except gotoblas, I think we should add it. Is a PR necessary?

* There is a vanilla/single-core implementation: math/blas and math/lapack.
I don't know if they are useful any more, but I think blaslapack.mk should
also offer these options, for completeness.

Comments on this?

Best regards,
Fernando