Does poudriere keep old pkg on repo if build failed?

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Wed Sep 28 12:23:30 UTC 2016

On 09/28/16 14:04, Axel Rau wrote:
> Currently, I see:
>
> [00:01:31] ====>> [01][00:00:00] Starting build of security/ca_root_nss
> [00:01:31] ====>> [02][00:00:00] Starting build of dns/bind910
> [00:01:40] ====>> [01][00:00:09] Finished build of security/ca_root_nss: Failed: build
> [00:01:41] ====>> [01][00:00:10] Skipping build of devel/cmake: Dependent port security/ca_root_nss failed
> [00:01:41] ====>> [01][00:00:10] Skipping build of ftp/curl: Dependent port security/ca_root_nss failed
> . . .
>
> Because of that, I’m missing a lot of pkgs, depending on ca_root_nss on my repos.
> Shouldn’t poudriere keep the old version of pkgs until the new version has been built successfully?

Depends on configuration really, if you have the
ATOMIC_PACKAGE_REPOSITORY=yes and COMMIT_PACKAGES_ON_FAILURE=no option
in your config it will not update the active repository on failures,
otherwise it does.

if you set KEEP_OLD_PACKAGES=yes you will have a backup of the old packages.

Default configuration has only ATOMIC_PACKAGE_REPOSITORY=yes, so it will
atomically change the active repo, but will not keep old packages or
restrain from changing the repo on failures.

BTW the errors you are seeing on security/ca_root_nss are most probably
cause by a regression in 9.3 and 10.x releases, update your jails to get
the fix.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>