Jive prejudices

Vlad K. vlad-fbsd at acheronmedia.com
Mon Oct 24 08:41:29 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-24 07:33, Horatiu Moldovan wrote:
> Maybe off-topic, but I can't help wondering if we're close to the
> point when a port should be removed because someone finds a
> variable/type name "offensive".
> Am I being paranoid? Let's wait and see.

I was just wondering the same. In which case, we must remove
security/sudo from the tree because it contains racial slurs.

Yea, it's optional (INSULTS), but hey, so is installing any ports.

(btw, if it isn't clear, I am _NOT_ complaining about sudo. don't you
dare remove insults, that's its best feature! The "racial" ones can be
patched out with  INSULTS_CONFIGURE_ON+= --with-pc-insults, if anyone
really WAS thinking about bringing a banhammer to that option...)

--

Vlad K.