misc/jive deleted

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sat Oct 22 15:46:37 UTC 2016

Grzegorz Junka wrote:

> On 22/10/2016 11:31, Alphons van Werven wrote:
> > andrew clarke wrote:
> >
> >> Is this the first time a port has been deleted for being "offensive"?
> > There used to be "offensive" (a term to be taken rather loosely in this
> > case) fortune cookies, but they got kicked out somewhere in 9.X. That was
> > the base system though; not the ports tree.
> >
> > Come to think of it, I'm quite (be it pleasantly) surprised to see that
> > deskutils/hot-babe is still allowed. I'm still half waiting for someone
> > with misguided delusions of moral superiority to delete that port, thinking
> > it's their decision to make that FreeBSD must not enable people to display
> > their system load as a cartoon woman in various stages of undress. Or
> > something along those lines. But I digress...
> >
> > Anyway, if anyone misses this port, I'll be happy to maintain it privately
> > and make it available from a public repository, if only because I strongly
> > oppose censorship, so I would gladly help circumvent what I consider to be
> > a hopelessly outdated and even morally wrong concept.
> >
> > Fonz
> >

> Could you maybe have a separate category in ports, called "uncensored"
> or something? We are all adults and can take care of ourselves, can't we?

misc/jive is in 4.11-RELEASE 6.4-RELEASE 9.2-RELEASE 9.3-RELEASE 10.3-RELEASE,
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/branches/2016Q3/misc/jive/Makefile?view=log

Censorship is offensive. Censor the offensive Censor: remove his/her commit bit.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix Sys Eng Consultant Munich
 Reply below, Prefix '> '. Plain text, No .doc, base64, HTML, quoted-printable.