dependency explosions

Graham Menhennitt graham at menhennitt.com.au
Wed Oct 5 22:29:38 UTC 2016

On 6/10/2016 8:20 AM, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Le 05/10/2016 à 22:04, Julian Elischer a écrit :
>> Another thing that might be good woudl be a way to tell ports "remove
>> all the ports that were just build dependencies".
> pkg autoremove

Thanks for that Mathieu - I didn't know about that one.

However...

When I run it, it tells me that it's going to remove my cyrus-SASL port.
I installed that (via its port) so that I can use SSL/TLS authentication
on my Dovecot server (installed via the dovecot2 port). So Cyrus is not
a build dependency of anything - why is it offering to remove it?

Thanks,
     Graham