What is SONAME in port builds?

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 3 12:15:55 UTC 2016

Le 02/10/2016 à 21:07, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen a écrit :
> On 10/02/2016 10:29 AM, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
>> I am trying to build the port graphics/opendx, and at the qa stage it says:
>>
>> Error: /usr/local/dx/bin_freebsd/builder is linked to
>> /usr/local/lib/libcdf.so which does not have a SONAME.
>> science/cdf needs to be fixed.
>>
>> What does this mean, and how do I fix it?
> I came up with "a" solution:
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=423146

It is a good solution, yes. The check is there because pkg will not
register shlib dependencies if the .so do not have a soname. This is a
problem because if the library gets changed and is no longer
incompatible with the previous one, you do not have a soname to check,
and pkg will not know that all its dependencies need to be reinstalled.

--
Mathieu Arnold