installing a kibana plugin (re textproc/kibana43)

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 1 17:15:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

Le mar.  1 nov. 16 à 17:23:49 +0100, Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>
 écrivait :

> I am using Kibana 4.3 on FreeBSD 9.3 and I want to use textproc/elasticsearch2-plugin-marvel 2.1.0
>
> I have everything installed from packages and I'm reading the Elasticseach documentation
>  (see #5 at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/2.1/installing-marvel.html <https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/2.1/installing-marvel.html>)
>
> I'm getting stuck on 'Install the Marvel app into Kibana'.
>
> The instructions look for a kibana binary (I think).  The command is:
>
>    bin/kibana plugin --install elasticsearch/marvel/2.1.2
>
> Where is that kibana binary? It's not references by the port that I could find.

I guess that this the port is too old. If you look at
<https://github.com/elastic/kibana> (ATM this is 5.0.0)
there is is a bin directory, providing a kebana script.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.