setiathome version 8 for amd64 current

Manfred Antar null at pozo.com
Mon May 23 21:07:00 UTC 2016

> On May 23, 2016, at 12:44 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Manfred Antar <null at pozo.com> wrote:
>> The version of setiathome in ports isn’t supported anymore.
>> Version 8 is the one that is supported now.
>> I was able to get a version 8 build to work.
>> It requires a new version of boinc-client also.
>> I have placed a tar archive of the sources at:
>>
>> http://pozo.com/seti/setiathome.tar.bz2
>>

> You wouldn't be interesting in becoming a maintainer of the boinc and
> boinc-setiathome ports by any chance?
>
> Se previous threads on this list about the subject:
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2016-February/101793.html
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2016-February/102291.html
>
> HTH
> --
> Regards,
> Torfinn Ingolfsen

I think the best I can do is offer the source that I’ve compiled on amd64, I don’t have any other machines to build on except sparc64 and they are 500mhz antiques (Netra T-1)
Also I’m running current so not sure if what I build would work on other versions.
I can put sort of a package together of the binaries for amd64 current. But you will need to have all the prerequisites for it to work. (wx30-gtk2-3.0.2_4)
I’ll put it at:

http://www.pozo.com/seti/seti-pkg.tar.bz2

You will have to check the permissions and make sure you have a boinc user and group.

Manfred