Is there a way to automatically edit port Makefile and plist after updates

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Sat May 14 19:32:17 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris H

> There is one port that has completely unneeded things in both
> Makefile and plist. Is there a way to Automatically change those
> afterwards - I guess usual method of patching isn't applicable?
>
> Of course doing a portsnap fetch update and sedding the unneeded
> stuff out from a shellscript each night instead of just portsnap is
> always an option if there's nothing more refined available.
If I'm following you correctly;
Wouldn't just filing a pr(1) (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/)
against the port, with your proposed patch, do it?

i don't think that even a patch would help at all, as the maintainer
closed a PR already with "working as intended" reply. Just can't
understand how having runtime module compiled and loaded for toy... -
sorry - mysql is "as intended" for us running something else as the
favoured datastore.

-Reko