mail/roundcube (bsd.php.mk broken?)

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Thu Mar 24 00:42:49 UTC 2016

On 03/24/16 01:09, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> On 2016-03-23 05:56 PM, Guido Falsi wrote:
>> On 03/23/16 22:26, Mike Jakubik wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am getting the following errors trying to update roundcube, this is on
>>> FreeBSD 9, using default version of php (5.4). I've tried adding
>>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=php=5.4 to make.conf but that did not make difference.
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Are you tracking the head of the ports tree or the 2016Q1 branch? I'm
>> guessing you're with ports head.
>>
>> In head the default php version is 5.6 and version 5.4 has been removed
>> because it has reached EOL on September 3rd, 2015.
>>
>> you could also use php 5.5, but it will EOL in July, so, if you're
>> tracking the head of the ports tree, I'd suggest you try again using php
>> 5.6.
>>
>> If you're tracking 2016Q1 it should work, and I don't really know what's
>> happening.
>
> I am using portsnap to keep my ports tree up to date, i wasn't aware you
> can choose different branches with it, so whatever is the default there

No, you can't choose different branches with portsnap AFAIK. So you're
on head.

> is what i have. Sure enough after checking, 5.4 has disappeared from my
> ports tree. I guess i can try upgrading to 5.5 and hope that my
> applications are compatible with it. Sigh, FreeBSD has become a PITA
> lately to maintain unless everything installed is bleeding edge. In any
> case, thanks for the help.

Sorry I beg to disagree.

php 5.4 is unsupported upstream, and 5.5 will EOL in a few months. You
should complain to the php project about this, not the ports tree, which
is just complying with upstream.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>