USE_PACKAGE_DEPENDS_ONLY set - not building missing dependency from source

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 27 20:48:59 UTC 2016

Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On 6/26/16 5:00 AM, Jan Beich wrote:
>
>> pkg-fallout at FreeBSD.org writes:
>>
>>> Ident: $FreeBSD: head/multimedia/vapoursynth/Makefile 415615
>>> 2016-05-22 01:10:34Z jbeich $
>>> Log URL:
>>> http://beefy5.nyi.freebsd.org/data/101i386-default/417455/logs/vapoursynth-r32.log
>>> Build URL:      http://beefy5.nyi.freebsd.org/build.html?mastername=101i386-default&build=417455
>>> Log:
>>>
>>> build started at Sat Jun 25 02:32:41 UTC 2016
>> [...]
>>> =======================<phase: build-depends  >============================
>>> ===>   vapoursynth-r32 depends on executable: sphinx-build - not found
>>> ===>   vapoursynth-r32 depends on package: /packages/All/py34-sphinx-1.4.4.txz - not found
>>> ===>   USE_PACKAGE_DEPENDS_ONLY set - not building missing dependency from source
>>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> I'm starting to get failures for a port that hasn't changed for a month.
>> Anyone got a clue? The regression appears to be from r417413 which landed
>> without an exp-run suggesting any fallout is due to badly written ports.
>>

> r417413 was the right fix either way as the old code before the
> do-depends.sh conversion was also passing DEPENDS_ARGS:
>
> subpkgfile=`(cd $$dir; ${MAKE} $$depends_args -V PKGFILE)`; \
>
> The problem here is a bug in Poudriere not handling DEPENDS_ARGS
> properly.  The port is forcing python3 as the default even though
> packages are built with default 2.  Dependencies are only built for
> python2 and this port wants a python3 dependency.

sphinx-build is called by gmake, not python, so any python version would
work fine. Notice, the dependency line doesn't specify PYTHON_PKGNAMEPRIFX.

> It's covered in
> https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/259.  I've been working on a
> fix lately and am close to having it complete, which is why I did
> r417413, because the framework was doing the wrong thing.

I don't see how that issue would help here.

py27-sphinx, py34-sphinx, etc. cannot be installed at the same time due
to a conflict in bin/sphinx-*. If something else installed the port
using different python version vapoursynth would fail to build due to
unsatisfied dependencies.