iozone3-434 fails to rebuild

Alphons van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Tue Jun 21 20:31:05 UTC 2016

Doug Sampson wrote:

> it crashes as follows:
>
>   ###
> <...snip...>
> iozone.c:1297:1: error: unknown type name 'off64_t'; did you mean 'off_t'?
> off64_t offset = 0;               /*offset for random I/O */
> ^~~~~~~
> off_t
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:173:18: note: 'off_t' declared here
> typedef __off_t         off_t;          /* file offset */
>                         ^
[snip]
> Doesn't matter which config options I select/deselect,

As far as I can tell it doesn't *crash*, it merely fails to build ;-)

I don't think the options are relevant in this case. If I'm not mistaken
off64_t is some kind of GNU extension, but installing lang/gcc and trying
to compile a piece of sample code with GCC still didn't work for me. Which
means I can reproduce the problem on 10.2-RELEASE-p19/amd64.

There seems to be a #define or typedef missing somewhere. Perhaps somebody
can ask around upstream what the authors are expecting from the off64_t
type, so we can find a suitable replacement on FreeBSD systems: probably
offset_t, (u)int64_t, or something along those lines.

HTH,

Fonz

--
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven
mailsig: Ob technicas difficultates, lux in fine cuniculum non operatur.