Firefox 47.0 hangs when accessing cnn.com

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Tue Jun 7 13:30:55 UTC 2016

Bob,

I bet your problems are related to building from ports. I used to have
lots of troubles when trying to build directly from the ports tree or
using portmaster/portupgrade - either it couldn't built cleanly or the
applications were misbehaving in all sort of strange ways. I switched to
poudriere and now FreeBSD packages are just joy to use. Setting up
poudriere is very easy, but if it is still to much please give
https://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/synth a try.

BTW when I try to open cnn.com I am being redirected to
http://edition.cnn.com/

Even if you built from ports you should still have the old version of
Firefox in /usr/ports/distfiles

Grzegorz