FreeBSD Port: lang/php55

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Thu Jul 28 10:38:20 UTC 2016

Baptiste Daroussin wrote on 07/28/2016 12:15:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 07:19:51PM +0200, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> Can this ports expiration be modified? Upstream released 5.5.38 on 21st July
>> 2016 so I don't think it will not need to be removed so fast.
>>
> As far as I understand, they made that release to mark the end of the support:
> http://php.net/eol.php
>
> The end of the support was July 21st
5.5.38 fixes 15 bugs so i think it was regular release.
What i propose is to extend this expiration date to two or three months.
It is wildly used port and will remains in quaterly branch too. I don't
think we need to maintain it longer as was with 5.3.

While I am here, the pkg message have some weird escaping of spaces:

This port is deprecated; you may wish to reconsider installing it:

EOL\ upstream\ since\ 10\ Jul\ 2016.

It is scheduled to be removed on or after 2016-08-20.