[HEADSUP] change in default openssl coming

Pavel Timofeev timp87 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:53:20 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>
> During this summer (sometime in August I think) I will be changing the
> default OpenSSL for the ports tree from the base system version to
> security/openssl.
>
> I will also, because it goes with it, change the default GSSAPI from base
> to something else, I think the consensus was to use the MIT version, which
> is security/krb5.
>
> Before I do that, it would be nice if people who actually use Kerberos (so,
> that's the two of you at the back) could provide some feedback if it
> changing this will break things.
>
> --
> Mathieu Arnold

Hi!
I'm sorry, if this questions already was answered:
Does making base openssl private for base system components mean it
will include only headers/libs (in future?)?
I mean no binaries or any kind of other resources like examples/docs?
I think keeping them in base will be a bit weird in such case.
Also if base openssl becomes private do we need Kerberos in base?