automation of perl port creation from cpan

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Wed Feb 24 16:36:12 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:13:48 +0100 Kurt Jaeger <lists at opsec.eu> wrote

> Hi!
>
> > > I have a perl app that I'd like to move to FreeBSD. It currently has a
> > > whole list of cpan dependencies. Is there any partial automation of
> > > generating ports from CPAN directly? Something similar to py-pytoport
> > > for example.
> >
> > You could have a look at App::Pm2Port
> > (https://metacpan.org/pod/App::Pm2Port)
>
> Last change: January 2010, so it's probably not modern enough for the
> newer infrastructure ?
Good point. I wonder if a shell script might not be a better
approach to accomplish the desired goal; it'd be easier to
keep up to date with the evolving ports framework, and wouldn't
require any additional [external] dependencies. Is there anything
in under Mk/ that might be added to, or used as a starting point?

Just a thought.

--Chris