help make port for opencoarrays

David Chisnall theraven at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 22 09:50:19 UTC 2016

On 22 Feb 2016, at 09:01, Tijl Coosemans <tijl at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I think Fortran is fine.  It's C++ that's in a bad shape.  I think the
> lang/gcc* ports need to be modified so libstdc++ sits on top of libcxxrt
> instead of libsupc++.  Maybe David can say more about that (CCed).

Ideally, they should be modified to just use libc++.  I thought that bapt had done this, but I might have misremembered.  Mixing libstdc++ and libc++ is fine if both sit on top of libcxxrt and no standard library types cross library boundaries, but is problematic otherwise (the good news is that you’ll get linker failures if they do try to cross library boundaries, unless they’re thrown as exceptions).

David