Makefile for devel/tcllibc causes error in cache-init

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 17 08:32:50 UTC 2016

On 17/02/2016 03:14, Doug Barton wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> When running cache-init for some time now I get this error:
>
> cache-init:devel/tcllibc (tcllibc-1.18_1) Error. RUN_DEPENDS
> /var/ports/devel/tcllib -- dependency is not a port
> cache-init: /usr/ports/devel/tcllibc Error.  Can't parse make output
>
> Interestingly I don't get that same error when I run 'make describe', so
> I'm not quite sure what's happening.

Hmmm... I really should change that output.  When cache-init says:

   Processing make describe output for path "/usr/ports":

it is actually lying through its teeth.  It hasn't run 'make describe'
per-se for many, many years.  Instead it uses 'make -V var1 -V var2
....' to extract the values of numerous variables which provides
equivalent information, and a bit more.

> hope this helps,
>
> Doug

I can't reproduce this with cache-init on my system.  Do you have any
non-standard OPTIONS or make.conf settings that could affect this port?
(I couldn't see any obvious OPTION knobs that might cause problems, but
I didn't really look very hard.)  Any local modifications to your ports
tree?

The only slightly odd looking thing was this RUN_DEPENDS line in
devel/tcllibc:

RUN_DEPENDS=    ${PREFIX}/lib/tcllib/pkgIndex.tcl:${MASTERDIR}  #
PREFIX, not LOCALBASE

Can you show me what this returns?:

    make -C /var/ports/devel/tcllibc -V RUN_DEPENDS -V MASTERDIR

(I assume from your output above you have PORTSDIR=/var/ports ?)

	Cheers,

	Matthew