Removing documentation

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 07:07:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Alphons van Werven <freebsd at skysmurf.nl>
wrote:

> John Marino wrote:
>
> > Well, if I make the assume that Kevin has been using portmaster, and
> > that using Synth revealed 42 obsolete cached configurations, I would
> > have to conclude PM doesn't do this anymore or does it very poorly and
> > misses a large number of configs.
>
> Using the latest version of Portmaster, I feel confident in stating that
> the "doesn't do this anymore" part appears to be false. My money is on
> incomplete detection, i.e. detecting only a subset (but doing at least
> that part correctly) of all possible kinds of option changes.
>
> However, I did not intend to sidetrack the discussion. As previously
> mentioned, it's just an observation.
>
> Fonz

Well, I just tracked down the details for sysutils/tmux. I picked it
because it was at the bottom of the list.

I checked every update to the port going back to the version when the
options file was created, 1.9a_1. Comparing that to the current version,
there have been no options changes at all. Not to the options offered nor
to the defaults. I am baffled as to what is going on. Looks like portmaster
might be doing this a bit better than synth does.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com