Removing documentation

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Sat Feb 13 10:29:17 UTC 2016

Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Michelle wrote:
>
>> ports (post pkg) from source: exactly the same problems as pre-pkg plus
>> occasionally the DB would get corrupted and then you have to nuke the
>> entire package system from orbit and reinstall all the ports.
>>

> Interestingly, I had my cases of strange dependencies chains, but
> I can't remember a case where the pkg-db was really trashed to no
> longer function.
>
> The more recent pkg versions are very robust for my use cases.

It was earlyish (first 6-9 months) in the "you're going to use this now
whether you like it or not and whether it works or not phase".. since
then I've made the ports system work with pkg_tools again so no longer
have anything to do with pkg.  Its a good stop-gap until I can get the
build environment integrated into the CentOS one @ $employer.

--
Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/