don't fork portmaster source

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 11 18:19:59 UTC 2016

On 2/10/2016 5:33 AM, John Marino wrote:
>> I'm asking myself how to manage the code. Should i create a new GitHub
>> repository? Fork the existing from freebsd/portmaster? How to handle the
>> LOCAL Master-Site?
>

> Talk to Bryan Drewery.
>
> "If someone else would like to maintain this please discuss with me and
> I will get you access to the github account where the code lives." from
> portmaster commit history.

Well, I prefer to mentor someone into the position and see a good track
record before giving them full access. Portmaster is depended on by a
lot of people and needs special care. I've since told 2 people that once
they start sending me good patches/PR I'll grant them access. Said
another way I am offering to review patches and be involved with the
transition.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery