pkg: fail to install packages from local file repository targeted via file:///

Patrick Hess patrickhess at gmx.net
Tue Feb 2 17:34:13 UTC 2016

O. Hartmann wrote:
> file:///pool/poudriere/data/packages/head-amd64-head-default/meta.txz: No such
> file or directory repository myrepo has no meta file, using default settings
> pkg:
> file:///pool/poudriere/data/packages/head-amd64-head-default/packagesite.txz:
> No such file or directory Unable to update repository myrepo

These files are supposed to be created by "pkg repo". I'm not
familiar with this nanoBSDbuilding thingamabob, but what happens
if you just run

    pkg repo /pool/poudriere/data/packages/head-amd64-head-default

manually?

> the documentation doesn't give much about handling local repositories

This particular issue is not specific to local repos. In fact,
any pkg repo, no matter how it's being accessed, should provide
these two files.

Patrick