The ports collection has some serious issues

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Sun Dec 18 20:02:32 UTC 2016

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> On 18-12-2016 16:00, John Marino wrote:
>> [please keep me CC'd, I can't respond easily if not]
> I find that sort of strange... but that could be my feeling.

Given the hyperbole and intentionally misleading content of waay too
much of this thread, including its title, the only thing I find strange
is that anyone could take it seriously.

> Like I said, it feels strange.

If you think that's strange you should check out the posts that
torpedo'd HardenedBSD's Reddit page.  Having seen this before in other
projects and knowing some of the sources you wouldn't be mislead by
following the money i.e., astroturf.  At least the FreeBSD project
doesn't utilize professional astroturfers advertising on sites like the
Philippines' Craigslist.  See also
<http://www.cringely.com/2016/12/08/whats-real-fake-news/>.

Roger Marquis