FreeBSD Port: xapian-bindings-1.2.24

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Fri Dec 2 10:11:46 UTC 2016

Hi There

I have been waiting for SWIG to gain php7 support so that
xapian-bindings can too. Looks like SWIG is now there, and the xapian
guys have included a php7 compiliation option on xapian master branch:

https://lists.xapian.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2016-November/009444.html

I tried to do some test compiling & testing, but immediately fell foul
of the fact that the new stuff is based off master and the FreeBSD ports
are still on 1.2.24, rather than the more recent 1.4.1 branch.

Would it be possible to update the port to 1.4.1, I will then try with
master and give some feedback to xapian with the hope they can then tag
a new release (presumable in 1.4 series) which will include php7 support.

Many Thanks

--
Oliver Schönrock
Mobile   : +44 7880 617 446