FreeBSD Port: ports-mgmt/poudriere

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Aug 29 22:32:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to report one "dangerous" problem with "poudriere ports -d"
command. There should be a "-p treename" but if it is omitted, poudriere
deletes tree "default"

This is my error, I know, but I think poudrier should print a warning or
do not assume I wanted delete "default"

root at sm-reserve ~/# poudriere ports -d headtest
[00:00:00] ====>> Deleting portstree "default" done

It should be

root at sm-reserve ~/# poudriere ports -d -p headtest
[00:00:00] ====>> Deleting portstree "headtest" done

I found this problem when I was trying to solve another "bug". It seems
to me that "poudrier -u -p headtest" doesn't work anymore on old ports tree.

root at sm-reserve ~/# poudriere ports -u -p headtest
[00:00:00] ====>> Updating portstree "headtest"
portsnap: Directory does not exist or is not writable:
/vol0/poudriere/ports/headtest/.snap

I don't know why it needs .snap. All is on ZFS filesystem, not UFS.
There is no ".snap" and should not be.
It worked few weeks ago.

I tried to delete and create ports tree again but i deleted the wrong one...

After removing and recreating both ports tree (default and headtest)
with "poudrier ports -c -p headtest", then "poudrier ports -u -p
headtest" works normally.

Miroslav Lachman