Upcoming OpenSSL 1.1.0 release

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:52:19 UTC 2016

On 29 August 2016 at 18:34, Bernard Spil <brnrd at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Thanks Chris! Added these (and reasons) to wiki.freebsd.org/OpenSSL/1.1.0
>
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Chris <chrcoluk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 22 August 2016 at 19:39, Mathieu Arnold <mat at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> ports-committers is a *NEVER POST DIRECTLY TO* list, so, moving it to
>>> ports@ where this belongs a lot more.

>>> All ports need to work with it, I'm sure software like BIND9 do not build
>>> with it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mathieu Arnold
>> repost with fixed formatting
>>
>> complete chaos on my lan box with openssl-devel port (1.1.0) os 10.3
>>
>> failed ports on complilation
>>
>> openssh-portable - missing evp function
>> nmap - missing md4 function
>> libssh2 - missing evp function
>> wget - missing evp function
>> proftpd - missing evp function
>> ruby - missing evp function
>> net-snmp - missing evp function
>> python27 - compiles but then make install fails missing hashlib and ssl.sl files
>> libarchive - archive_libcryptor linker error
>> apr1 - missing evp function
>> serf - bio bucket read function missing
>> openvpn - ctx error
>> libevent - missing bio_buffervent
>> nghttp2 (this and rest stopped looking for error type)
>> apache24
>> curl
>>
>> successful ports
>>
>> exim
>> spdylay

bernard bind99 fails during configure unable to find openssl shared
files, I tested that later as I had to add the flags to ignore the
vuln check.

I did retry everything after enabling sslv3 knob but it had no affect,
so it seems we need to wait for developers of these apps to update
code to be compatible with 1.1.0.

thanks