DTrace and java/openjdk8

João Neves sevenjp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:05:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am attempting to use DTrace with openjdk8 on 10.3 amd64, but trying to
enable the -XX:+ExtendedDTraceProbes flag in the JVM fails with
"ExtendedDTraceProbes flag is not applicable for this configuration".

After some searching I found that this should be related to a
DTRACE_ENABLED flag not being defined during compilation of openjdk8, but
as far as I can tell there is no config option to enable it explicitly and
it seems to be completely determined by the openjdk build process.

Is there any way to get it to work, or any known reason why it's not
supposed to?

Apologies if this is the wrong list for this question.

Thank you,

--
João Neves