question about Makefile from net/abills

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 19 13:19:47 UTC 2016

+--On 19 août 2016 11:59:20 +0200 Jochen Neumeister
<jochen at jochen-neumeister.de> wrote:
| Hi there,
|
| I'm just trying to port net/abills.
|
| Now, i testing the port with portlint:
|
|# portlint
| WARN: Makefile: possible use of absolute pathname "/usr/abills".
| WARN: Makefile: possible use of absolute pathname "/usr/bin/perl".
| 0 fatal errors and 2 warnings found.
|

| Now my question: how can I write the Makefile otherwise it is ok?

The Makefile is OK, portlint tells you "hey, you're using /usr/bin/perl,
make sure it's right".

Most of the time, portlint is a pain, it is a static lint tool, and thus,
does not try to understand what you are doing, it just see things, and
report them.  Nobody should try to fix all the warnings it outputs.

--
Mathieu Arnold