[HEADSUP] extracting LoadModule out of httpd.conf

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Fri Aug 12 16:15:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-12 16:32, Patrick Powell wrote:
> On 08/10/16 14:07, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> Mathieu Arnold wrote on 08/10/2016 17:42:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It is coming.
>>>
>>> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7460
>>>
>>> constructive comments welcome.

> I plead with the people making this change to update apachectl to list the modules that are loaded:
>
>># apachectl modules
>  mod_perl ....

It is already there, use the same parameter as for httpd direct `apachectl -M'

> And when you update mod_perl and the U&*(()*&U httpd.conf file gets mangled and the mod_perl line is removed or
> commented out,   you now stand a fighting chance of finding this. With the change to itty-bitty files this would
> be even more useful.
>
> Just out of curiosity,  how are you going to now deal with temporarily commenting out LoadModule entries?

Since more then one year mod_perl2 installs a .sample file and no longer changes httpd.conf
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/www/mod_perl2/pkg-plist?r1=388885&r2=389628

But I have to admit this is not the case for all modules in the ports tree

--
olli