poudriere: howto build ports with 'make -j x'?

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 6 15:27:00 UTC 2016

On 7/08/2016 1:16 AM, Michael Grimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am used to build my ports by poudriere in parallel (-J x). But I do want to build specific ports in parallel per se (make -j x) just to speed up build times of huge ports like mariadb101-server.
>
> I did try to add an MAKEOPTS="-j8" into poudriere's specific jailname-make.conf file, and I did try to use a jailname-setfile-make.conf as well. But that didn't work for me.
>
> What would be the correct way to achieve what I want?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Michael

LOCALBASE/etc/poudriere.conf has some settings for this:

# By default MAKE_JOBS is disabled to allow only one process per cpu
# Use the following to allow it anyway
#ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS=yes

# List of packages that will always be allowed to use MAKE_JOBS
# regardless of ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS. This is useful for allowing ports
# which holdup the rest of the queue to build more quickly.
ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS_PACKAGES="pkg gcc cmake py*"

MAKE_JOBS is a ports framework variable (see Mk/bsd.port.mk)

./koobs