mariadb101-server vulnerability? (was: tiff vulnerability in ports?)

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Fri Aug 5 21:23:11 UTC 2016

Hi —

Kubilay Kocak <koobs at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately you are yet one more example of a user that's been left in
> the lurch without information or recourse wondering (rightfully) how
> they can resolve or mitigate this vulnerability. Our apologies.

While we are that topic, I am wondering about that 14 days old warning, as well:

	mariadb101-server-10.1.16 is vulnerable:
	MySQL -- Multiple vulnerabilities
	CVE: CVE-2016-3452
[long list of CVEs snipped]
	CVE: CVE-2016-3477
	https://vuxml.FreeBSD.org/freebsd/ca5cb202-4f51-11e6-b2ec-b499baebfeaf.html

I really do not know how serious this report is. Every feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks and with kind regards,
Michael