Help with new port with multiple downloaded files from github

Tom Pusateri pusateri at bangj.com
Sun Sep 13 12:17:56 UTC 2015

> On Sep 12, 2015, at 11:44 PM, Andrey Cherkashin <andoriyu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey, any luck with this port?

It’s not finished yet. This is as far as I have gotten:

https://github.com/pusateri/ports/tree/master/www/libchromiumcontent

I got discouraged by how un-portable the Atom code is and how they have hardcoded binary downloads upon downloads of node, iojs, etc. and the sheer number of components that need ported that all use their own copies of downloaded binaries. It’s spaghetti.

They had #!/bin/bash hardcoded everywhere. A few of us submitted pull requests to get them changed to #!/bin/env bash and got some of them removed but then some bug reports surfaced for problems on MacOSX and they undid at least one of them.

The Atom guys were really nice and helpful but they aren’t focused on portability and so it’s a tough road.

There’s about 50 components and so it can be done but it’s going to take perseverance.

Tom