Inconsistency in processing of INFO files: --infodir for GNU_CONFIGURE vs. adding ${INFO} to pkg-plist

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 18 11:17:57 UTC 2015

Hello freebsd-ports,

 Mk/bsd.port.mk unconditionally and inevitably add code to put
 " --infodir=${GNU_CONFIGURE_PREFIX}/${INFO_PATH}/${INFO_SUBDIR}" into
 _LATE_CONFIURE_ARGS at line ~2651.

 But later, at line ~4930 same makefile adds ${INFO} files from
"${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/${INFO_PATH}" to pkg-plist.

 It is impossible to make this right, if ${GNU_CONFIGURE_PREFIX} !=
${PREFIX} and it is impossible to override "--infodir" for GNU_CONFIGURE in
port's Makefile, because _LATE_CONFIGURE_ARGS could not be modified.

  MANDIR / GNU_CONFIGURE_MANPREFIX have same problem.

  I don't understand, how to resolve this problem: if GNU_CONFIGURE_PREFIX
 is set to "${PREFIX}/something", it is impossible to have good pkg-plist with
 info files with INFO mechanism.

  Also, I don't like this _LATR_CONFIGURE_ARGS magic at all, as it is
 impossible to set custom infodir and mandir by hands! IMHO, this code
 should check CONFIGURE_ARGS before setting these options!

--
Best regards,
 Lev                          mailto:lev at FreeBSD.org