Firefox + SeaMonkey (gecko browsers) instant crash on some web pages

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Thu Oct 8 16:51:06 UTC 2015

## Walter Schwarzenfeld (w.schwarzenfeld at utanet.at):

> Please post the options you compiled firefox with. (i guess you compiled
> it with BUNDLED_CAIRO and CANBERRA, both should be off).

I don't think CANBERRA is the issue here - my firefox has CANBERRA=on
and works on mapy.cz (where I can check on the places where I've
been in Prague, e.g.) and seznam.cz (where I don't understand much
for lack of czech language skills).

On the other hand it could be helpful to run firefox with a new
and empty profile (safe mode etc., if in doubt move ~/.mozilla
aside before starting firefox) or even a new/fresh user to avoid
contamination by "other setting" - for example, there's a
fontconfig error message which I've never seen on my system.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space