pkg: fetching packages for 10.2 on 11-CURRENT

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 5 16:55:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 07:00:01AM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Is it possible and doable via a simple setup (script/environment) to fetch
> pre-built packages for 10.2-STABLE/10.2-RELEASE with pkg/pkgng on 11-CURRENT?
>
> Background: running a development system on 11-CURRENT, on which I prefer to
> build my packages in the traditional way from sources without that massive
> overhead poudriere pushes me sometimes into the situation for the need of
> ordinary binary packages for a 10.2-platform. On 11-CURRENT, I use a lot of
> individual configurations on the ports making the binary packages useless, but
> for that specific project (based on NanoBSD), it would be great to to simply
> fetch binary packages for a "foreign" system's version.
>
> Thank you very much in advance and pelase do CC me, I'm not subscribing the
> list.

as root
pkg -o ABI=FreeBSD:10:amd64 -o ALTABI=freebsd:10:x86:64 -o PKG_DBDIR=/tmp/tothrowaway fetch ...
or as a user
pkg -o ABI=FreeBSD:10:amd64 -o ALTABI=freebsd:10:x86:64 -o PKG_DBDIR=/tmp/tothrowaway -o INSTALL_AS_USER=yes fetch ...

The fact you have to specify both ABI and ALTABI is a bug I will fix.

Best regards,
Bapt