devel/dbus no longer starts at system poweron

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Mon Mar 2 14:57:29 UTC 2015

> > Using dbus-1.8.12, /etc/rc.conf has (dbus_enable="YES",
> > slim_enable="YES"). This works no more. X.Org starts, but cannot
> > login to any Desktop because dbus actually is not running and has
> > not started.
> >
> > Kill Xorg, then manually "service onestart" dbus, and slim.
> > I can then start to my desktop managers.
>
> what do dmesg and /var/log/messages say?
> Erich

This problem was resolved some time back (through an update I believe) but is now back. No error message is registered in /var/log/messages or any other log. However, combing through the output on TTY0, I found this:
Starting dbus
Shared object 'libexpat.so.1' not found required by 'dbus-daemon'
/etc/rc: WARNING: failed to start dbus

After system is booted, form any TTY*, "# service dbus onestart" results in normal startup. Not setting any dbus_flags and not using gdm_enable.

# pkg info -l expat > expat-2.1.0_2:
/usr/local/bin/xmlwf
/usr/local/include/expat.h
/usr/local/include/expat_external.h
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.a
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.1.6.0
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.6
/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/expat.pc
/usr/local/man/man1/xmlwf.1.gz
(files separately confirmed with ls /usr/local/lib/*expat*)

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please include my email when responding (use Reply To All)