"tlmgr" on FreeBSD

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Thu Jul 30 20:11:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:08:50 +0200, Kurt Jaeger stated:

>Hi!
>
>> Yes, I know, and it is installed. This is the error message:
>>
>> cannot setup TLPDB in /usr at /usr/local/bin/tlmgr line 5611.
>
>This:
>
>http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/137428/tlmgr-cannot-setup-tlpdb
>
>says:
>
>tlmgr init-usertree
>
>is required before tlmgr can be used. Which is misleading, as the
>next possible command:
>
>tlmgr --usermode info
>
>says:
>
>cannot open /usr/tlpkg/installer/config.guess: No such file or directory
>/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: could not run /usr/tlpkg/installer/config.guess,
>cannot proceed, sorry at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
>line 242.
>
>So I guess some part of the path-guessing that tlmgr is doing
>goes wrong and we need to dig into that tlmgr code.

I have been down that road too. I just do not know enough about how this is
suppose to work, nor do I have sufficient time to debug it, to actually get it
to work.

It is a shame that they release a port that they obviously knew was broken
without a clear warning indicating it.

--
Carmel