Does OpenMP (iomp5) work for clang-devel?

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Tue Jul 21 08:36:25 UTC 2015

On 21/07/2015 10:59, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 01:07 +0000, Brooks Davis wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 05:48:58PM -0700, Dennis Glatting wrote:
>>> I can't seem to get this working and it appears not to emit code. I have
>>> libiomp5 installed and I compile specifying:
>>>
>>>   clang++-devel -fopenmp=libiomp5 ...
>>>
>>> And the compiler says:
>>>
>>>   clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fopenmp=libiomp5'

That should be just -fopenmp

 From http://blog.llvm.org/2015/05/openmp-support_22.html

To enable OpenMP, just add ‘-fopenmp’ to the command line and provide
paths to OpenMP headers and library with ‘-I <path to omp.h> -L <LLVM
OpenMP library path>’.

>> The most recent clang-devel port doesn't include the bits to make iomp
>> support automatic (it came not long after the update).  I'm working on
>> a update, but the ability to build clang and llvm separately appears to
>> have been broken quite badly so it's taking a while and the only port to
>> install will be devel/llvm-devel.

That will be great, been waiting for this.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler