Self committing... allowed or not?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 19 12:46:20 UTC 2015

On 19/07/2015 13:02, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't self committing (those with the
> commit bit committing their own patches without QA/review/adding
> patchfiles to the PR) against the rules?... or is it just a free-for-all
> now?

It's not forbidden, but committers are strongly encouraged to seek
review of anything that isn't a routine port update or modernization or
a trivial fix.  Of course, updates that involve modifying the ports
infrastructure will need approval by the appropriate maintainers
(usually portmgr) and updates that would potentially affect a large
number of ports should have an exp-run.

	Matthew