AUDITFILE default for ports users

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 18 11:26:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have some machines on which, for various reasons, only ports are used.

On upgrading ports, I keep running into the the fact that
/var/db/pkg/vuln.xml is lagging behind /usr/ports/security/vuxml/vuln.xml
which is updated via portsnap (and thus upgrading the vulnerable ports
fails).

So I'd like to propose defaulting to vuln.xml from ports if it is newer
that the one from /var/db/pkg/ and AUDITFILE is not defined by the user.

Tentative patch attached (I'm not happy with the != constuct).

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 29597D20