Failed upgrade graphics/ImageMagick: /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib32/...

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 06:36:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 5:36 PM, David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 02:28:24AM +0100, Walter Schwarzenfeld wrote:
>> > I don't really believe it is cause this errors, but comment out
>> >
>> > WITHOUT_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION=   YES and OPTIONS_SET=OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS
>> >
>> > and try it.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion; I tried it, but the failure recurred.
>>
>> Peace,
>> david
>> --
>> David H. Wolfskill                              david at catwhisker.org
>> Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous
>> cowards.
>>

> I seriously doubt that it will make a difference, but why not just move
> make.conf and src.conf aside for a quick test? That should remove any
> possibility.
>
> I am now updating my system. I'll try re-building ImageMagick as soon as
> it finishes (allowing for delay while we have dinner).

I can now confirm that it is the system. After updating 10-STABLE to
r292678, I get the same lib32 errors  when building ImageMagick.

I can try bisecting, but it's too late tonight and I have to work tomorrow
AM and then finish wrapping packages. (Packages will be a TOP priority.)
The problem has to be fairly recent as graphics/ImageMagik has had several
updates recently. I'd try backing off about a week at the most as a
starting point. :Looks like the most likely place is the linker.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com