Howto delete a port

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 18 15:58:13 UTC 2015

On 2015/12/18 15:46, Henk van Oers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sorry I submitted a perl module that I did not test properly.
>
> /usr/ports/security/p5-Dancer2-Plugin-Auth-Extensible-Provider-Usergroup
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible::Provider::Usergroup
>

> I am still using the D1 version.
>
> I want to delete the D2 version.
>
> Is there a procedure in the handbook that I could not find?

Assuming you are the maintainer, then you can submit an update adding

DEPRECATED=	Some reason for deprecation
EXPIRATION_DATE=	2016-01-18

It's usual to mark a port as deprecated for a month or so before
removing it.   Once the expiry date has passed it will probably be
removed without further ado, but you can ask a committer to remove it if
necessary.

However: if this port might still be useful to someone,  but you don't
want to keep maintaining it, and there's no functional reason to remove
it, then it would be more usual for you to submit an update changing the
maintainer to 'ports at FreeBSD.org' -- that means no one person is
responsible for it.

	Cheers,

	Matthew